Saturday, April 5, 2014

Animal Studies

For a school project that we were told of Wednesday, we were told that we could do a project on whatever project we could dream and learn about. Well, for one of my topics I thought of dedicating 12 hours to work at the local humane societies and shelters. I can't wait to start. I'm hoping especially for TCHS and the Marshalltown Animal Rescue League. The animals are well cared-for and the volunteers really care and hope that they get a new home.

Love this idea? Kids 8 years and older can volunteer at almost any shelter or humane society with supervision form a parent or guardian and a signed paper. Kids over the age of 14 just need the paper signed and you're on your own when you turn 18. The ARL Marshalltown says that all you need is to pop by during their hours, have them sign or whatever pertains to your age, and start helping! It's really great and I hope I learn about how the animals feel in the shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment